Every woman has the right to feel beautiful no matter how indifferent her features are...

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Hair Lesson

My hair has always been a problem.. Always!
The only time my hair has been my 'pride and joy' was when I was a little girl! When I tell my friends right now about how my hair used to be full, long and healthy, they laugh at me in disbelief.. 
Well for a long time I have been contemplating going natural 'cos I see that holding on my past glory has not done me any good for the past four years! 
So after a long, long battle, I cut my hair...today! I and I feel relieved...
Well it took a while for this to happen... cos I still catch myself running my hands through my hair and I am still in a little shock when I pass by the mirror..
Anyway, I came back home and called my boyfriend, CJ, and started whining about how my hair made me look like a  little schoolgirl all over again.. And CJ, with the most amazing and loving heart just said "Sweetie, you still have your looks and your personality; your short hair does not make you any different". God bless his soul, he really is the best!
Anyway, it got me thinking, once again, on how I sometimes make the mistake of thinking that what I have on and what i wear determines who I am. I am not saying that you shouldn't look lovely when you dress, pleeeaaasssee do! 
But CJ made a point, a very important point (and he continues to reassure in many ways): He loves me just the way I am.... God loves you just the way you are! beautiful, irresistible, gorgeous, phenomenal woman! 
So CJ... if you read this blog... thank you for that lesson...  I love u!



1 comment: