Every woman has the right to feel beautiful no matter how indifferent her features are...

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mountain Movers

What is faith? I don't even know if I have the correct definition for it... because it is just a very complex and yet very simple thing. I read during my devotions this morning in Hebrews 11 that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen". Now that- as simple of a definition it is- still is a bit perplexing to me. Simplified version: believing in things you do not see, as though they existed. Still not simple enough... :) Faith is simply foolishness... Not foolishness in a bad sense, but to anyone else who doesn't understand and  sees from a distance, faith is foolishness.
I have heard a lot of Christians say, 'I do not have enough/much faith' or 'I don't think my faith is big/strong enough for God to intervene in my situation'. And all I can think of is Matthew 17:20 that says (in summary) 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains'... Now that is all I need!
Being a Christian, just accepting Jesus Christ in your life, takes a lot of faith.. Have you ever thought about it? The faith it required for you to believe in a God, that you have never seen (and for some, never heard His voice); or even to speak into the 'atmosphere' and believe that this invisible God has heard your prayers; or even believe that if you give you will receive back from Him in multiple ways; or even that the 'tongues' we speak are really languages of the Holy Spirit; or even that when you leave this earth you are going to spend eternity with Him? Wow! when I think about these simple things, I am encouraged that although I may not have 'big' faith like people in the Bible such as Abraham, David, Paul, Stephen and Peter, God can still use my little 'foolishness', as small as it is, to move my mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment