Every woman has the right to feel beautiful no matter how indifferent her features are...

Friday, July 9, 2010

Good God, Bad God?

I know that in our lifetime, we have heard this question at least once "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?" For a long time, I couldn't answer this question. I couldn't answer this question for many reasons:
What do I say to a girl who asks me this question; a girl who was just raped by a gang of men who robbed her home?
What do I say to a child who just lost his parents in a car crash?
What do I say to a guy who just lost all of his house and job and is now living on the streets?
What do I say to a devout Christian who has been believing God for a healing miracle for the past decade?
How do I answer the persecution of Christians that are happening all over the world?
What answer do I give to a seventeen-year old prostitute who only knows to sell her body 'cos she was a victim of a sex trade since she was six years old?
Do all these bad things happen because because God allowed them to happen? Absolutely not!
Do all these bad things that happen negate God's goodness? NO!
God is still good, no matter the number of bad things that happen. He is a God that saves; He is still a God that heals; He is still a God that provides; He is still a Good God.
God never promised us an easy road for us, He promised us trials, tribulations, and evil days.
The most important thing God gave to any human being was the ability to choose; and through that, people make bad decisions that hurt other people.
I have come a conclusion that has helped me embrace all this: God is not just good because He keeps us alive and answers our prayers. He is good because although bad things happen, He is still able to turn them for our good: turn our mourning into dancing, trade His beauty for our ashes; turn our sorrow into joy.. He is still a GOOD GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment